8 Jun | RIAS Inclusive Design Seminar
An online seminar on the process of producing accessible spaces
for people of all abilities.
Date: Tuesday 8th June 2021
Time: 1.00pm to 4.15pm | Online (zoom)
Cost: £5.00 / Free for RIAS Student Members
Join RIAS for this seminar which looks at planning for inclusivity at the outset to deliver high quality environments. Our speakers will cover a range of topics relating to inclusive design and how we can produce external spaces, buildings, interiors and products that are as accessible as possible for a diverse population.
- Chair: Eugene Mullan, Smith Scott Mullan Associates
- What is inclusive design and why is it important? – Annie Pollock
- Standards and legislation for inclusive design – Colin Wishart, City of Edinburgh Council
- Application of the principles of inclusive design across different building types – access, design and management guidance through case studies: Housing – Rick McCluggage Smith Scott Mullan Associates, Public buildings – Emma Berry & Angel Morales Aguilar, LDN Architects, Historic Buildings – Joann Russell, Historic Environment Scotland
- The building experience: Designing for disability – Annie Pollock, Signage and wayfinding – Lucy Richards, StudioLR