Year of Young People 2018
Scotland’s young people will be celebrated at events and activities throughout the year.
The AHSS is delighted to support the Year of Young People 2018, which ‘aims to inspire Scotland through its young people, celebrating their achievements, valuing their contribution to communities and creating new opportunities for them to shine locally, nationally and globally’.
Events and activities are being organised by groups all over Scotland and focus on six themes:
- Participation – looking at how young people can influence public services and decisions which affect their lives
- Education – creating a stronger role for young people in shaping their learning
- Health and Wellbeing –supporting young people to lead healthier, active lives and have opportunities to learn about and improve their mental health and resilience
- Equality and Discrimination – broadcasting the value of young Scots, challenging negative perceptions of young people, and supporting young people to take leading roles in challenging discrimination in all its forms.
- Enterprise and Regeneration – celebrating young people’s role in innovation, entrepreneurship and the Scottish economy as well as making Scotland a greener and more pleasant place to live
- Culture –celebrating young people’s talent and contribution to Scottish culture and arts.
The Forth & Borders Group would like to welcome young people to attend upcoming lectures at no charge. These include talks on William Adam and formal landscape design in Scotland and the collapse of Holyrood Abbey Church in 1768.
You can learn more about the Year of Young People 2018 here.BACK